Introduce yourself here!

Newlife73

Hi

Husband has issued writ of divorce on me last week.
Yet to collect.
He's rushing me to end this marriage.
He claimed no third party involved, just that he can't live his life with me anymore.
Don't ask me get a PI. I'm tired and jaded

I just want him to agree on me taking 60% of our current flat. Which he wanted 50/50.

I was told getting alimony is not possible because I'm working. But he's earning much higher

We have no kids. Only a dog
Hi, I have read your case and have a 2 comments:

1. If he is rushing, let him wait and observe his reaction. Did he out of the sudden behave this way or he has been very impatient with you?

2. For alimony, it is not true that you wont be able to get any if you are working. If you are able to prove that he is paying for the living/household expenses during marriage while you are working, then he is obliged to to do so after divorce till you remarry or pass away.

May be you can ask for $1, when circumstances change then you file for more.

Tell him you consulted a lawyer and lawyer advised to file for contested. See what be says.

Good luck.

Faded

Hi, I have read your case and have a 2 comments:

1. If he is rushing, let him wait and observe his reaction. Did he out of the sudden behave this way or he has been very impatient with you?

2. For alimony, it is not true that you wont be able to get any if you are working. If you are able to prove that he is paying for the living/household expenses during marriage while you are working, then he is obliged to to do so after divorce till you remarry or pass away.

May be you can ask for $1, when circumstances change then you file for more.

Tell him you consulted a lawyer and lawyer advised to file for contested. See what be says.

Good luck.
Can i ask if i didn't go down and collect the writ of divorce, judge will deem that i do not want to contest?

I was told 2 stories.
1. If i nv go down n collect, means i want it non contested

2. I can sit back n wait. The office can hand deliver the documents to me without me going down.

Thing is when they keep insisting me to go down and they wont hand deliver the documents to me.

Newlife73

Can i ask if i didn't go down and collect the writ of divorce, judge will deem that i do not want to contest?

I was told 2 stories.
1. If i nv go down n collect, means i want it non contested

2. I can sit back n wait. The office can hand deliver the documents to me without me going down.

Thing is when they keep insisting me to go down and they wont hand deliver the documents to me.
I am not too sure. Maybe someone else in this forum can advise.

Suggest you meet a lawyer to discuss. Most law firm provide free consultation and get their advice.

FrozenSun

Hi. Thanks to the Admin and fellow contributors for setting aside time and effort to share. My marriage already broken down for many years and contemplating to divorce and move on. Getting married requires just one signature, but to reverse the whole process is simply draining. Finance issues, custodies, accommodation, lawyers....Indeed it is a very tiring process.

voltra

Hi. Thanks to the Admin and fellow contributors for setting aside time and effort to share. My marriage already broken down for many years and contemplating to divorce and move on. Getting married requires just one signature, but to reverse the whole process is simply draining. Finance issues, custodies, accommodation, lawyers....Indeed it is a very tiring process.
Hey there, welcome to the forums. Hope you will find some solace and advice here.

Have you gone thru the process already? Met with a lawyer?

FrozenSun

Thanks for the welcome note Voltra. No, I have not started the process yet. Will put in on hold as long as bearable, for the sake of the children.
I suppose two pairs of hands are better than one, no matter how broken the situation seemed to be.

In the meantime, preparing and equipping myself with all the necessities to minimise the overwhelming effects should the day come.

I did attend some counselling sessions which I would recommend anyone in such similar predicament to do so. Don't expect these counsellors to fully empathise as we are just one case file among the full stack that they are managing. But with some professional expert advise, it does help to alleviate, somehow.

Nobody, even the counsellors will fully understand how painful the situation is, unless one is going through it themselves. Speaking from personal experience as my younger self would never approve the notion of divorce, with the mindset that, "everything can be talked through and solve with determination".

So yeah, this could probably be a good place to seek and provide support from "like minded" folks.đŸ˜…

Lemony

Hi All,

Thanks for the welcome message. I am having some issues with marriage and hoping to get some advice as I am very lost and upset. I believe I am able to get helpful advice here.

Lemony

I have been married for 1 year and recently found out my spouse has been visiting prostitutes various of them. We did have sexual relationships before but stopped before and after marriage. Initially I thought maybe he was having some trouble but I guess with so many different choices out there no wonder he was sick of me. Now I plan to divorce. I read that under 3 years I am unable to divorce maybe an annulment would suffice as there were no consummate of marriage. I doubt I can get an alimony as well for annulment. Visiting prostitution is also not a valid evidence for cheating?

Newlife73

I have been married for 1 year and recently found out my spouse has been visiting prostitutes various of them. We did have sexual relationships before but stopped before and after marriage. Initially I thought maybe he was having some trouble but I guess with so many different choices out there no wonder he was sick of me. Now I plan to divorce. I read that under 3 years I am unable to divorce maybe an annulment would suffice as there were no consummate of marriage. I doubt I can get an alimony as well for annulment. Visiting prostitution is also not a valid evidence for cheating?
Hi, sorry to hear about your situation. For your case, I think you need to wait for another 2 years and file under unreasonable behaviour.

If I were you, I would go for Annulment (if that can be an option) instead of divorce. Are you able to support yourself, financially?

Lemony

Thabk
Hi, sorry to hear about your situation. For your case, I think you need to wait for another 2 years and file under unreasonable behaviour.

If I were you, I would go for Annulment (if that can be an option) instead of divorce. Are you able to support yourself, financially?
Thanks for the reply. Yes I am able to support myself as I have been working. Ok if annulment is the best option to return me my freedom and start over. I will consider it. It’s painful staying together and knowing the things he does. Might as well start over. But the painful process of getting this divorce and splitting the house is a pain.

Newlife73

Thabk

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am able to support myself as I have been working. Ok if annulment is the best option to return me my freedom and start over. I will consider it. It’s painful staying together and knowing the things he does. Might as well start over. But the painful process of getting this divorce and splitting the house is a pain.
Yes, in my opinion, Annulment is better than divorce. Not sure if can still go for Annulment if you already got a house... esp if its hdb.

Lemony

Yes, in my opinion, Annulment is better than divorce. Not sure if can still go for Annulment if you already got a house... esp if its hdb.
Ok I better check on this part then. Cos I do not think I can wait anymore. I just want to end this suffering and get on with my life. Thanks a lot .

FrozenSun

Hi Lemony. U may want to read up information regarding divorce from these websites (the first website with pdf brouchure is very informative) :

Regardless of your choice, would suggest you seek counselling support and guidance. Do you think your spouse will agree if you want to go for divorce? Lawyer fees for contested and uncontested divorce differs greatly. Prepare yourself on this financial aspect.

As for HDB matters, I tried to find out some information from them, but they gave me a standard template answer which is not helpful at all.

Above all, take good care of yourself.

histranger

hi everyone.. I have just joined.. I am currently thinking if I should divorce my husband.. would be great if some of u can provide some advice. thanks!