Introduce yourself here!

Newlife73

Hi

Husband has issued writ of divorce on me last week.
Yet to collect.
He's rushing me to end this marriage.
He claimed no third party involved, just that he can't live his life with me anymore.
Don't ask me get a PI. I'm tired and jaded

I just want him to agree on me taking 60% of our current flat. Which he wanted 50/50.

I was told getting alimony is not possible because I'm working. But he's earning much higher

We have no kids. Only a dog
Hi, I have read your case and have a 2 comments:

1. If he is rushing, let him wait and observe his reaction. Did he out of the sudden behave this way or he has been very impatient with you?

2. For alimony, it is not true that you wont be able to get any if you are working. If you are able to prove that he is paying for the living/household expenses during marriage while you are working, then he is obliged to to do so after divorce till you remarry or pass away.

May be you can ask for $1, when circumstances change then you file for more.

Tell him you consulted a lawyer and lawyer advised to file for contested. See what be says.

Good luck.

Faded

Hi, I have read your case and have a 2 comments:

1. If he is rushing, let him wait and observe his reaction. Did he out of the sudden behave this way or he has been very impatient with you?

2. For alimony, it is not true that you wont be able to get any if you are working. If you are able to prove that he is paying for the living/household expenses during marriage while you are working, then he is obliged to to do so after divorce till you remarry or pass away.

May be you can ask for $1, when circumstances change then you file for more.

Tell him you consulted a lawyer and lawyer advised to file for contested. See what be says.

Good luck.
Can i ask if i didn't go down and collect the writ of divorce, judge will deem that i do not want to contest?

I was told 2 stories.
1. If i nv go down n collect, means i want it non contested

2. I can sit back n wait. The office can hand deliver the documents to me without me going down.

Thing is when they keep insisting me to go down and they wont hand deliver the documents to me.

Newlife73

Can i ask if i didn't go down and collect the writ of divorce, judge will deem that i do not want to contest?

I was told 2 stories.
1. If i nv go down n collect, means i want it non contested

2. I can sit back n wait. The office can hand deliver the documents to me without me going down.

Thing is when they keep insisting me to go down and they wont hand deliver the documents to me.
I am not too sure. Maybe someone else in this forum can advise.

Suggest you meet a lawyer to discuss. Most law firm provide free consultation and get their advice.