Introduce yourself here!

mirage

Could you help
Hi there and welcome to the forums.

From my experience, for uncontested, should be able to settle under $2000 for each of you. Check out some of the threads under review of lawyers. Not many there, but hopefully some of us here can add on to it? All of us here should have experience with lawyers before right?

a) What you asked, I believe it can be done if she agrees to it. But something to consider is if its good for the children to be apart from each other as siblings.

b), c) Don't make hasty decisions thinking to just get it over and done with. Think of the implications to your future 2nd home, how it will affect your expenses etc.

Just my 2 cents!

You may want to create your own thread in the other sections as this thread is open for viewing for the public also.
Thanks for the fast response

A) There are so many lawyers out there so I would like to choose those with minimal cost since there will be uncontested. Those members with previous experience will be good.

B) I have talked to her, each one will have one but I'm open for them to meet her anytime as the kids are innocent and the problem lies with parent.

C) I have no intention to contest on the house due to various reasons but it is ok.

D) however, I would not want to pay for maintenance for her but only for the kids. So i would rather make it zero but she can approach me to pay when it is needed for my daughter following her. Possible?

Year of marriage - about 15 years

voltra

Administrator
Staff member
Could you help

Thanks for the fast response

A) There are so many lawyers out there so I would like to choose those with minimal cost since there will be uncontested. Those members with previous experience will be good.

B) I have talked to her, each one will have one but I'm open for them to meet her anytime as the kids are innocent and the problem lies with parent.

C) I have no intention to contest on the house due to various reasons but it is ok.

D) however, I would not want to pay for maintenance for her but only for the kids. So i would rather make it zero but she can approach me to pay when it is needed for my daughter following her. Possible?

np!

B) yes actually thats the best, for kids to have full access to parents. You're ok to have the 2 children live apart? For me I let them stay together with their mum, coz I hope they still have each other to rely on.

C) definitely possible. But she must agree to it. It can be worded such that the house is used to pay off the alimony in a lump sum (since you are already gg to give up the house to her) , and that she has no rights to ask for more alimony in the future.

She may ask to include a $1 nominal sum alimony every month, but be aware that if that is in the settlement, she can ask to adjust this amount in the future. She will still need to justify why, but it makes it possible for her to adjust in the future.

Hi

Im seeking to divorce. Looking for affordable lawyer.

Target - Uncontested/ Reason - Unreasonable behavior

a) Two kids - 12 and 6. Will ask for join custody for both. Each will take one with full access (possible?)

b) She will have the house, I dont contest.

c) No sure about her maintenance

Looking for advice of which law firm to choose from.
a. Can. I know of someone with this arrangement....

Without you....can she survive financially?
D is possible if both sides agreeable.
The question is....would that possibility happen?

np!

B) yes actually thats the best, for kids to have full access to parents. You're ok to have the 2 children live apart? For me I let them stay together with their mum, coz I hope they still have each other to rely on.

C) definitely possible. But she must agree to it. It can be worded such that the house is used to pay off the alimony in a lump sum (since you are already gg to give up the house to her) , and that she has no rights to ask for more alimony in the future.

She may ask to include a $1 nominal sum alimony every month, but be aware that if that is in the settlement, she can ask to adjust this amount in the future. She will still need to justify why, but it makes it possible for her to adjust in the future.
Just make it that if U dont lay claim on the house....she will not get any alimony for herself....
Every month U look at that $1 transfer to her U also heart pain....and I assume likewise for her.

voltra

Administrator
Staff member
Without you....can she survive financially?
D is possible if both sides agreeable.
The question is....would that possibility happen?
Ahh I misunderstood. I thought you're OK to pay for child maintenance but not ok to pay alimony. Your question is that you do not want to pay a regular sum for either one, but only when she needs and asks for it?

If that's the question, as @WCisUnfair mentioned, is she willing to settle for that? Unless she's financially very independent and shes amicable in this whole divorce, unlikely she will settle for this arrangement.

Phyris

Hi, I’m new here. Thinking of getting a divorce with my husband, and really just here to seek advice and get support.

Jus_mee

Hi Pioneers!

A request to all, please leave a short intro of yourself here for everyone to get to know each other.

All identities here are confidential and will remain anonymous unless you choose to reveal personal information yourself.

Simply let us know in your short intro why you are here (status, for e.g. rocky marriage, divorcee, seeking advice, hoping to help others etc).

If you have a story to tell, do post it in the right forum, we'll love to read and respond to it.

Thank you!
Hi, I am in the midst of getting a divorce and here to get some support..

treasurex

Hi all,
Married 12 years, 3 kids 5yo to 11yo.
Just issue him with a deed of separation, can't divorce now yet due to much debts and liabilities incurred during the marriage and current flat yet to meet MOP. Can't wait to get this over and regain my sanity. He's abusive, verbally and physically.
I have PPO since 2014.. been forgiving and giving many chances hoping for things to improve and he will change. But a leopard never changes his spots.

So I've given up hope. No more chance despite his daily texting, saying and naggin that he will change to be a responsible father and husband and do his best to win me back. But the next moment he can be scolding and screaming at the girls or saying rude stuffs to me.

Just getting him to agree to the deed and contents is a big headache. He goes round and round in circles abt the same topic and just don't get it. 😅😅
Morning! Like some of the members mentioned, the "Introduce yourself" thread can be viewed by the public, maybe you can start a thread in the other sections and the others can comment there :)

tanv3790

I am new and totally lost here. I have 3 gals (17,14 and 12). I am planning to file for a divorce since he has been seeing someone behind my back for more than 5 years

Annmary

Hi all
I gotten my interim judgement but no final yet as my ex is really a psycho. It’s been going on for 2 years and have spent like $50k already. He is just wasting my time so I can’t move on with my life.

KenaWC

Hi all
I gotten my interim judgement but no final yet as my ex is really a psycho. It’s been going on for 2 years and have spent like $50k already. He is just wasting my time so I can’t move on with my life.
Hi Annmary..
That's long battle... mentally drained too.
You can write more in the other section as here , public can view. Jia you!

Last edited:
Hi all
2 years and 50K is really a lot.....share your story in the other section(members only) and we can have a chat about it?

Last edited: