Introduce yourself here!

Alf_ong

You are not going homeless. The court will divide HDB equally unless otherwise stated in final judgement court order. What you have contributed is yours and vice versa. Once you found a buyer and signed HDB buyers option doc with buyer, you have around 8 weeks to hand over the keys. In the HDB buyers option doc, you can state that you want another 1-2months extension from the buyer (this is normal practise), this will give you total of 4 months timeline - to buy, move out, or renovate new place.
Then 3 days after signing the
HDB buyers option, login to HDB and "request to buy" (your new HDB) and start looking for it immediately. HDB & CPF will work together and are very efficient (left pocket/ right pocket), but they will need final judgement court order to proceed. Therefore it is VERY important what's is written the court order.

I took over my HDB and paid with him CPF ( I had this written in the court order) so it was easy transaction. Now, he got his new place and will be collecting key to his new HDB mid May.
We set the terms to sell our HDB in the market and equally divide the sales. Till now, i’m still worried if she can live on her own and whether she have enough $$ to survive outside. Although i’m not very rich, i still plan to transfer her monthly allowance although i’m paying for my kid everything. I could temporary stay at my sis house as i know applying new BTO will take 3 years. Still leaving me homeless for the next few years.

Miserableme

Hi all!

A request to all, please leave a short intro of yourself here for everyone to get to know each other.

All identities here are confidential and will remain anonymous unless you choose to reveal personal information yourself.

Simply let us know in your short intro why you are here (status, for e.g. rocky marriage, divorcee, seeking advice, hoping to help others etc).

If you have a story to tell, do post it in the right forum, we'll love to read and respond to it.

Thank you!
Hi All,

I'm a Thai Lady with 2 kids (4 & 6) holding on to a LTVP+ which expires in 2024. I am married to my husband for 7 Years.

All this while I have been suffering at home with my husband. He is rarely at home, spends most of his time outside, leaving home early and coming back late. Even when I was pregnant, he was busy flirting with his Co-workers and all. Even caught him exchanging messages with a massage therapist in Feb this year, and when I brought up the topic of divorce, he just left our residential home to his parents place, leaving me alone with the kids for 4 Days straight. And he came back pretending like nothing has happened.

Was previously able to work in Dec last year as a dental assistant, however was forced to quit as his in law was unable to take care of the kids on the days that I was working. Now I'm just surviving on $20/ day for the 3 of us.

Can someone advise me on where I can get help for a divorce, as I only have about $60 to my name.

KenaWC

Hi All,

I'm a Thai Lady with 2 kids (4 & 6) holding on to a LTVP+ which expires in 2024. I am married to my husband for 7 Years.

All this while I have been suffering at home with my husband. He is rarely at home, spends most of his time outside, leaving home early and coming back late. Even when I was pregnant, he was busy flirting with his Co-workers and all. Even caught him exchanging messages with a massage therapist in Feb this year, and when I brought up the topic of divorce, he just left our residential home to his parents place, leaving me alone with the kids for 4 Days straight. And he came back pretending like nothing has happened.

Was previously able to work in Dec last year as a dental assistant, however was forced to quit as his in law was unable to take care of the kids on the days that I was working. Now I'm just surviving on $20/ day for the 3 of us.

Can someone advise me on where I can get help for a divorce, as I only have about $60 to my name.
Hi
This is serious. I do not know the correct place for you to go to. Can you call government agency MSF for help?

God bless..
Regards

BlueLady

Hi all! New here. I’m filing for a divorce. Now in the midst of sourcing for a good lawyer to assist me in my divorce. *headache process* 1 kid here. Feel free to pm me if you have got any good lawyer to intro me. Thanks!

Miserableme

Hi
This is serious. I do not know the correct place for you to go to. Can you call government agency MSF for help?

God bless..
Regards
It has been almost a month since my husband has left and he has not returned home since, and he has never asked anything about his kids in any way. So far it has been my in laws who come by every 3 days to pass me money to tide for our meals.

Have already reached out to MSF and ACMI, however their focus seems to be on my 2 Singaporean kids rather than my own situation

Am actually planning to pass the kids to my in laws and rent a place by myself so that I can go out and work and save up money for a divorce.

Could anyone advise me on what else I can do, so that I can get my freedom and financial independence back again.

Tears

Hi, I have intro myself here a few nights back with a long story and only just realized this forum is open to public viewing thus deleted that post and created a new tread in Considering Divorce>>Relationship Issues>>Leading a meaningless married life with no love, no trust, no respect... I am suffocating...

A short intro - in a meaningless married life and considering a divorce but not sure if I should, and how to go about it. Hope to get some advice, as I have no friends whom I can have a HTHT about this...

Miserableme

Is there affordable lawyers that is avaliable for LTVP+ Holders? I'm in urgent need of looking for a divorce, as I really don't know how to put up with the situation that my in-laws and husband is doing to me.

Can someone please help or advise me

Mummy 07

I'm new here and in dilemma of ending a ,30 years marriage . I have a grown up child who's very close to me.

May seek for more advice from the members here later

Thanks admin for accepting me to the group

syf77

Hi,

I am new here. Considering divorce after child grows up. Need some advice in this thread - Considering Divorce>>Relationship Issues>> considering divorce after child grows up

syf77

You are not going homeless. The court will divide HDB equally unless otherwise stated in final judgement court order. What you have contributed is yours and vice versa. Once you found a buyer and signed HDB buyers option doc with buyer, you have around 8 weeks to hand over the keys. In the HDB buyers option doc, you can state that you want another 1-2months extension from the buyer (this is normal practise), this will give you total of 4 months timeline - to buy, move out, or renovate new place.
Then 3 days after signing the
HDB buyers option, login to HDB and "request to buy" (your new HDB) and start looking for it immediately. HDB & CPF will work together and are very efficient (left pocket/ right pocket), but they will need final judgement court order to proceed. Therefore it is VERY important what's is written the court order.

I took over my HDB and paid with him CPF ( I had this written in the court order) so it was easy transaction. Now, he got his new place and will be collecting key to his new HDB mid May.
while waiting for his new BTO to complete, where did your husband stay ?

Kay888

Hi Guys,

I am Kay. I am newbie here and need some advice.

Currently I divorce my ex and sent papers for him to sign but he engaged lawyer and he did same with me where the situation he is divorcing me insteas of him.

Lawyer said if this situation become constested .

Any idea how much will the legal fee? Or any advice?

Thanks

Vannie

Hi Guys,

Currently I divorce my ex and sent papers for him to sign but he engaged lawyer and he did same with me where the situation he is divorcing me insteas of him.

Thanks
Are both of you still on talking terms? I would think the person who get served paper first might have the upper hand. Contested will incur a lot of expenses. If it’s still possible to talk, work towards uncontested and might just cost you 70% lesser.

Vannie

Hi,

I am new here. Considering divorce after child grows up. Need some advice in this thread - Considering Divorce>>Relationship Issues>> considering divorce after child grows up
Hi

how old are you kids?Maybe you can share the reasons to wait till your child grows up? I’m sure it’s suffering everyday.

Mummy 07

Hi syf77,. I had the same thought as you. I wanted to give my only child a complete family (and also didn't want to put a shame or disappoint my parents ). Moreover I m not a local born Singaporean, i have no family to go back to (unlike some ladies who can turn to their siblings or parents for a comfort shelter) . Now my child has grown up n I am stuck with another issue in order to proceed the divorce. Looking back,. I should have divorced him long time ago. Another mistake I made. I'm not suggesting you to take action, just my own experience.

Vannie

Hi Syf77, I’m with Mummy07 on this.
I have two girls 13 and 6 and just got divorced this year. I had initially wanted to wait till they are older but felt that the unhappiness that I’m feeling has really impacted in their childhood. In the end, because of my perceived “complete family”, it might be counter productive instead. The prolonged unhappy relationship with my ex spouse just made me more depressed as the day goes by. However that’s just my thought.

Now that we are divorced, I'm mostly glad as we are still amicable and are still co parenting. Not that it’s easy but I just thought sometimes we should think about our own well being as well

🙂 all the best.

Are both of you still on talking terms? I would think the person who get served paper first might have the upper hand. Contested will incur a lot of expenses. If it’s still possible to talk, work towards uncontested and might just cost you 70% lesser.
What upper hand?

My lawyer then said its just a matter of defendant and plaintiff...something like that....but then he was quite bad so....ya...

Contested will cost much more...but then again it depends on what both sides can agree on...or none at all.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Talk if can talk. Cannot talk then fight.

Fees will depend on how much of a fight there is.