Introduce yourself here!

kelgel

Uncontested right.
Yup. Uncontested

Each party pay his own? Like u pay 3k, the other party 3k? Mine is she asking me pay everything
It depend if both have engaged lawyer.
For my case, I filed against him, hence I engaged lawyer.
He at fault, and didn't have sufficient proof to fight with me, hence he didn't engage.
Most likely will ask him pay full or at least half of the lawyer fee also

Drain

For myself, is 3k. But split between myself and ex wife. Since she's in the wrong... Hence she didn't engage a lawyer

KenaWC

Yup. Uncontested

It depend if both have engaged lawyer.
For my case, I filed against him, hence I engaged lawyer.
He at fault, and didn't have sufficient proof to fight with me, hence he didn't engage.
Most likely will ask him pay full or at least half of the lawyer fee also
Hi, which stage of divorce u r in now?

Despondent

Hi all,
my case seems inevitable for divorce too....as much i hate the idea of it but it seems the only way out. Had a single child :(:(

Drain

Hi all,
my case seems inevitable for divorce too....as much i hate the idea of it but it seems the only way out. Had a single child :(:(
Stay strong. I guess most of us here also similar situation...
In a good way of looking, at least there's still a bunch of us here..

voltra

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,
Yea stay strong. This tough time will pass, and it will get better. Just need to ride it now.

Maybe you can share with us what happens and what stage are you at now?

Despondent

Yea stay strong. This tough time will pass, and it will get better. Just need to ride it now.

Maybe you can share with us what happens and what stage are you at now?
just engaged a PI on spouse, found out she having another man outside. PI suggested to gather more evidences and fight for child custody and adultery. But then money is a huge factor on engaging PI :(

voltra

Administrator
Staff member
just engaged a PI on spouse, found out she having another man outside. PI suggested to gather more evidences and fight for child custody and adultery. But then money is a huge factor on engaging PI :(
But you do know that adultery does is not taken into consideration when deciding custody of the kids right? Even with proof. Ancillary issues also not affected by adultery case.

Mothers usually gets the care and control, with joint custody with the father.

Maybe if you're sure shes having an affair already, don't need to gather more evidence. To file for divorce, there are other reasons you can quote.

Spending more money to prove that shes having an affair doesnt really help in the divorce process.

Despondent

ya i'm aware of this. So now concern is child custody, need to gather evidences for it.
But you do know that adultery does is not taken into consideration when deciding custody of the kids right? Even with proof. Ancillary issues also not affected by adultery case.

Mothers usually gets the care and control, with joint custody with the father.

Maybe if you're sure shes having an affair already, don't need to gather more evidence. To file for divorce, there are other reasons you can quote.

Spending more money to prove that shes having an affair doesnt really help in the divorce process.
How much it cost and duration?
very ex...can go to 8-9k depending on hours u want to use their services. e.g 50hours is about 4.5k

voltra

Administrator
Staff member
ya i'm aware of this. So now concern is child custody, need to gather evidences for it.
You lost me, if you're aware that proving adultery does not help in getting you the children custody, then why still need to gather evidence of the adultery?

As mentioned by Voltra,
Adultery has nothing to do with custody.

Adultery is just a reason to divorce.

Unless U want it as a reason to justify to yourself...and maybe your kid...that divorce is the way to go?

SadTan

Dear All,

I'm meeting PKWA lawyer tomor. Any advise for good lawyer recommendation? Someone advise me against gg to PKWA.

I been gg through mental n physical abuse for 8 years. She force me to fetch my 8yo girl from school whenever she tired. I'm risking my job to fetch actually. E last straw was when I'm sick (fever,cough), she insist I go when she played handphone till 1am last nite.

Every month, her period, I have to fetch. I come home has to vacuum the house. Basically she only has to wash and dry clothes. We even have part time cleaner to assist her.

Daily its physical exhaustion, mental tiredness. She would simply scold me infront of my girl. I want to salvage this family for my girl but it's really too extreme too demanding from her.

Pls help cos I'm crying every day lost and confused.